Skip to main content

Required: One Hell of a Holiday

It's a Monday and no surprise, the 'blues' have struck. But it's not just that syndrome that's doing the talking (or more aptly, the writing), but I reeeeally need a break. It's been six months since my last vacation and boy do I need a reboot. I flew out from last year and landed into this year not knowing, not realizing, not understanding how time has gone by! I still feel like I'm in 2013 and it's proving to be one hell of a long year. I recall how before I took off to Manali last September I really needed that trip too, work was just taking over my life. This time around too, things have not changed and a breather is much required. 

I can't grasp quite how people only take one vacation a year. It's strange; use all your leaves at one go and plan, spend on and enjoy a long break? What happens then when you want a stress buster at any other point in the year? I'd rather split my holidays up, ideally have one per quarter in the year...but then work happens, life happens and we all know how that goes. 

April has been a great month for me in terms of travel over the last two years. In 2012, I went to Nepal in April and in 2013, it was Turkey. This year too, coincidently, I had a super destination planned for April to look forward to but canned it for reasons only I will understand. So do I have a holiday to look forward to as of now? Except two weddings in consecutive months to attend, no. *insert #lesigh*

I shall solemnly now get back to work. By the way, Mondays are bad days to assign for meeting deadlines. Meanwhile I'm sure you will agree with this: 

Image courtesy: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/152629874844412784/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INSIDE THE GO CHEESE FACTORY

Last weekend, I got a unique opportunity to visit Gowardhan Cheese Factory in Manchar district, a good two hour drive from Pune city. The owning home-grown company Parag Milk Foods brand portfolio includes Gowardhan and GO boasting of a range of dairy products that have been retailed across Mumbai and Pune over the last decade. I first started using their yoghurt when the local kirana store ran out of my usual preference of Amul , Danone and Britannia . One spoon of it and I instantly found it so fresh, light and 'unprocessed'. I have always loved cheese but now I even prefer it over chocolate. So when I was scheduled to visit the GO factory, it bore semblance to winning the golden ticket and entering glistening gates to its factory much like the popular Roald Dahl 's  Charlie . Except that it was not all that dramatic! 

An Immersive Stay at Andaz Amsterdam

I have stayed at some great hotels, but none were like the Andaz Amsterdam . None of them. No hotel has impressed me as much as this Hyatt brand of hotel has. It's so good, it warrants an entire blog post. And here is why - right from the word check-in, you're really made to feel like you've stepped into a little slice of Amsterdam .  The hotel is located on one of the hottest streets in Amsterdam called Prinsengracht, a street along the city's most prestigious canal. A lot of the city's attractions are a short walk away. The hotel is designed by the famous Dutch designer Marcel Wanders . So no wonder hints of this vibrant old city of Amsterdam peek out from the interiors to induct you into Dutch culture. The lobby was stunning - with its prominently blue interiors, there was a touch of quirk everywhere. From the very high ceiling is suspended an enormous artsy lighting-cum-chandelier installation.  Above each reception desk there are huge white bell-shap

Restaurant Review | Where Else Cafe & Bar

Where Else promises to be unique in Viman Nagar, a neighbourhood already brimming with so many eateries.   Four young friends came together to put their love for food and travel experiences in a melting pot called ‘Where Else’. This new café and bar is the brainchild of sibling duo Ardesh and Daisy Rustomjee and best friend duo Amritha Shrikumar and Sweta Jobanputra. These Viman Nagar residents have been firsthand witnesses to the rise of new eateries in their locality. With ‘Where Else’ they aim to fill in the void of a place that offers all-day breakfast and good quality indulgent food. We drove to the outlet in its first week of opening to find out if ‘Where Else’ is the place to be.